This winter the DMV is getting something fresh and new for the music scene. December’s #MadeInTheDMV” Music Conference and Showcase is where “Your Story [is] Our Culture.” The two-part event was created to educate and cultivate the area’s best homegrown talent on the rise.
#MadeInTheDMV Part I
The Humanities, Arts & Technology Festival at Gateway DC presents the “Made in the DMV” Conference produced by local Hip-Hop changemaker organization Will Rap 4 Food, Inc. and Hip-Hop writer I Got it 4 Free.
The event will offer specific, proven strategies for DMV-based artists to expand their reach to national and international platforms. This free, all ages session aims to educate our community in the areas of entertainment and technology, featuring panel discussions and breakout workshops led by industry experts like Rob Markman, of MTV News, Sway in the Morning and RapFix; Milton Bates, Creator of Fractograf (the official app of #MADEINTHEDMV); DJ Heat of WPGC 95.5 FM and Core DJs; Jermon Williams, community and organic lifestyle advocate of Broccoli City Lifestyle Group; representatives from DC’s House Studios and Cool Kids Forever Films.
The conference will be held on Saturday, December 6, 2014, 9am-3pm at R.I.S.E. Demonstration Center at St Elizabeths East, Gateway Pavilion.
Panel and Workshop topics include
- Radio, Digital Distribution
- Music Production
- Social Media
- Branding & Marketing
- + more
#MadeInTheDMV Part II
Following the conference will be a showcase taking place at Captiale Lounge located at 1301 K St NW #103, Washington, DC 20005. To audition, you must register where there is a $50 fee, but benefits include:
- Feedback on your records by the industry panel
- MTV Journalist Rob Markman of MTV News, Sway in the Morning, and RapFix
- DJ Quicksilva of 93.9 WKYS and BET’s 106th & Park
- Tone P, BET-nominated producer for Wale, J Cole, Meek Mill, and more
- DJ Heat of 95.5 WPGC and Core DJs
- Jermon Williams of Broccoli City and Broccoli City Festival
- Dre the Mayor of CCCLXVIII (368 Music Collective), brand architect and ambassador for Reebok and more
- Feature on bestofbothoffices.com
- Promotion on @MadeInTheDMV social media sites
Select performers will aslo receive the following based on individual panelist preferences:
- Allhiphop.com “Breeding Ground” feature
- Producer Tone P will select a performer for a one-on-one session and custom production
- Jermon Williams will select performers for the 2015 Broccoli City Festival